I am doing a weekly update of my 2016 goals. Normally I don’t make New Year’s resolutions but I thought it would be fun to set some goals this year and track them to see how I’m doing as the year goes on.
- Eat healthier: By healthier I mean much less sugar and processed carbs and much more nutrient rich veggies. OK, we cheated a little this week. I made four chocolate cupcakes for Valentine’s day for my husband and I. I don’t regret it one bit! Bwahaha. But I’m back on track for the rest of the week.
- Exercise more: 5 days per week sounds like a good place to start. Circuit trained 3 times and did one 30 minute yoga session. I can’t wait for it to warm up enough to go for long walks again!
- Read 20 Books in 2016: I finished The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. I thought to book included gobs of interesting historical details, if you are into that sort of thing. I just started reading Money Saving Secrets of the Amish by Lorilee Craker. So far I’ve also read Eating on the Wild Side, Midnight in Siberia, Dearie which is a Biography about Julia Child and The Wright Brothers by David McCullough.
- Make homemade or custom gifts: I also think that giving something handmade or custom stands out as special and thoughtful. No updates here!
- Expand my cooking skills: I saved the best for last! In concert with goal number 1, I hope to use less packaged foods, which tend to have added sugar and other junk. Specific things I hope to learn to make include: marinara/red sauce,
vinaigrette, and sushi. I shared my go-to honey mustard vinaigrette recipe last week.
I hope to see you back here for updates on how I’m doing. Keep me accountable! Did you set any goals for the New Year? How are they coming along?
See my original 2016 goals post here.