Aaaand I’m back! You may (or may not) have noticed my extended blogging absence. What can I say I had a baby and babies take up all of your time! (Who knew, right?!) I also realized that if I want to make regular posts to the blog that they all can’t be food/new recipe related. Recipe testing doesn’t always fit in to the new mommy schedule. But more on that later.
I thought it would be appropriate to make my blogging return with a list of belated New Year’s resolutions. Normally I don’t make resolutions but I thought it would be fun to set some goals this year and track them to see how I’m doing as the year goes on. I have followed Mavis Butterfield’s goals over the past couple of years and I always amazed at everything she gets done!
- Eat healthier: By healthier I mean much less sugar and processed carbs and much more nutrient rich veggies.
- Exercise more: 5 days per week sounds like a good place to start.
- Read 20 Books in 2016: So far I’ve read Eating on the Wild Side by Jo Robinson and Midnight in Siberia by David Greene and I liked them both very much! I am about halfway through Dearie which is a Biography about Julia Child.
- Make homemade or custom gifts: Experiencing Christmas with a child really brought the over abundance of gifts in our culture into sharp focus for me. In a time where more gifts seems to equal more love I hope that taking a different approach will be well received. I also think that giving something handmade or custom stands out as special and thoughtful.
- Expand my cooking skills: I saved the best for last! In concert with goal number 1, I hope to use less packaged foods, which tend to have added sugar and other junk. Specific things I hope to learn to make include: marinara/red sauce, vinaigrette, and sushi. I may add more to the list as the year goes on.
I hope to see you back here for updates on how I’m doing. Keep me accountable! Did you set any goals for the New Year? How are they coming along?